High-quality artistic practice is at the core of English National Ballet's Schools’ Link programme. Workshops are offered in schools and colleges throughout the UK, giving students the opportunity to engage with the world of ballet.
What does English National Ballet offer?
• Two distinct workshop options that link dance with subjects across the curriculum
• Professional artists to inspire and challenge students both physically and creatively
• Unique opportunity for students to engage with live music and musicians
• Special ticket offer – 11 free tickets for workshop bookers, giving your students access to high quality performances by English National Ballet
• Support for students to ‘Explore the Arts’ as part of Units 1 and 2 of their Arts Award
• by English National Ballet and the Poetry Society providing creative ways to inspire students across the curriculum
• by English National Ballet and English National Ballet School, in collaboration with Kings College London to make ballet more accessible for individuals with learning difficulties and disabilities.
"Outstanding teaching, clear, informative and able to capture the boys understanding of ballet in a fun way" Vivienne Edwards, Teacher, Aldwickbury School, Harpenden
What do workshops involve?
All workshops include:
• An introduction to ballet with a focus on the history of English National Ballet - one of the world’s greatest ballet companies
• A warm up concentrating on dance-specific skills such as posture, alignment, co-ordination, strength and stamina
• Travelling exercises encouraging the use of spatial pathways and dynamics
• Key ballet motifs and creative tasks to develop choreography
Click on the tabs [left hand menu] to find out more about the two different workshop options available [Ballet Essentials / Repertoire Workshops]
Performances and school tickets deals
All Schools’ Link Workshop bookers in our autumn tour venues will receive 11 free tickets (10 students and 1 teacher) for an English National Ballet matinee performance local to you. This will be arranged with you at the time of booking. If you would like more than 11 tickets for the performance, you can request these at £9 per student (£8 at The Mayflower and the London Coliseum). One free staff ticket is provided for every 10 students.
*Please note, this special ticket deal is guaranteed for the following performances only:
Lest We Forget – London, Barbican (03.04.14, 14.30)
Swan Lake – Manchester Palace Theatre (09.10.14, 14.00)
Coppélia – Southampton Mayflower Theatre (16.10.14, 14.00)
Coppélia – New Theatre, Oxford (30.10.14, 14.00)
Coppélia – Bristol Hippodrome (06.11.14, 14.00)
Swan Lake – Milton Keynes Theatre (13.11.14, 14.00)
Swan Lake – Liverpool Empire Theatre (20.11.14, 14.00)
Nutcracker – London Coliseum (12.12.14, 14.30 / 16.12.14, 14.30 / 17.12.14, 14.30 / 18.12.14, 14.30)
Swan Lake – London Coliseum (15.01.15, 14.30)
Standard Workshop Prices:
Workshops are offered on a half day and full day basis; a standard half day is up to 2.5 hours and a full day is up to 5 hours. Please note that a full day of workshop activity must include a minimum of 30 minutes break for lunch.
Half Day: £350
Full Day: £500
Please note, all prices exclude VAT
How can I book a workshop?
Contact the Department of Learning on 020 7581 1245 or email . Alternatively complete the complete the enquirers form (77.9 KB) and post/email back to the Department of Learning.