High-quality artistic practice is at the core of English National Ballet's Schools’ Link programme. Workshops are offered in schools and colleges throughout the UK, giving students the opportunity to engage with the world of ballet.
What does English National Ballet offer?
• Two distinct workshop options that link dance with subjects across the curriculum
• Professional artists to inspire and challenge students both physically and creatively
• Unique opportunity for students to engage with live music and musicians
• Special ticket offer – 11 free tickets for workshop bookers, giving your students access to high quality performances by English National Ballet
• Support for students to ‘Explore the Arts’ as part of Units 1 and 2 of their Arts Award
• by English National Ballet and the Poetry Society providing creative ways to inspire students across the curriculum
"Outstanding teaching, clear, informative and able to capture the boys understanding of ballet in a fun way" Vivienne Edwards, Teacher, Aldwickbury School, Harpenden
What do workshops involve?
All workshops include:
• An introduction to ballet with a focus on the history of English National Ballet - one of the world’s greatest ballet companies
• A warm up concentrating on dance-specific skills such as posture, alignment, co-ordination, strength and stamina
• Travelling exercises encouraging the use of spatial pathways and dynamics
• Key ballet motifs and creative tasks to develop choreography
Click on the tabs [left hand menu] to find out more about the two different workshop options available [Ballet Essentials / Repertoire Workshops]
Performances and school tickets deals
For autumn tour 2013/2014 we are offering all workshop bookers 10 free student tickets and 1 staff ticket for an English National Ballet matinee performance local to you. All additional tickets are £8 per person with one teacher free for every 10 students.
Workshops are offered on a half day and full day basis; a standard half day is up to 3 hours and a full day is up to 6 hours. Please note that a full day of workshop activity must include a minimum of 30 minutes break for lunch, and a half day up to 3 hours must include a 15 minute break.
Standard Workshop Prices
(Includes 2 x artists, artists travel/accommodation and 11 free tickets to an ENB performance, all prices exclude VAT)
Half Day £350
Full day £500
How can I book a workshop?
Contact the Department of Learning on 020 7581 1245 or email . Alternatively complete the enquirers' form (133.1 KB) and post/email back to the Department of Learning.
Download (4.3 MB) this information in printable form.