Join us for a free stream of this inspiring evening – a fantastic opportunity to watch our rising stars flourish, and witness how far their dedication has taken them.
Success in ballet requires talent and a huge amount of hard work, commitment and creative curiosity. Through this annual event, English National Ballet recognises the excellence of its artists.
Selected by their colleagues, six of our most promising dancers receive individual coaching and mentoring from their peers, before performing in front of an eminent panel of expert judges. One will receive the 2022 Emerging Dancer Award.
This year’s finalists are Matthew Astley, Ashley Coupal, Noam Durand, Chloe Keneally, Eric Snyder and Angela Wood. They will perform classical pas de deux, and work with choreographers Hamish Longley, Rentaro Nakaaki and Ceyda Tanc on new contemporary dance pieces.
During this special event hosted by presenter Jordan Lee, the recipient of the People’s Choice Award, selected by members of the public, and the Corps de Ballet Award, acknowledging the work on and off-stage of an Artist of the Company, will also be revealed.
Emerging Dancer provides a great opportunity for talent and skill development for the performers and their mentors.
Emerging Dancer supported by CHANEL
The People’s Choice Award is supported by Alexis and Frances Prenn.
The Corps de Ballet Award is supported by Sue and Graeme Sloan.
English National Ballet are unique in celebrating their dancers with a very public event… very prestigious and specialDanceTabs
Main video: Laurent Liotardo
MEET THE PRINCIPAL CAST
This year’s judges are:
- Dana Fouras, Former Dancer with the Royal Ballet and Russell Maliphant Dance Company
- Celine Gittens, Principal Dancer with Birmingham Royal Ballet
- Kamara Gray, Founder and Artistic Director of Artistry Youth Dance and ENB Board of Trustees
- Tamara Rojo CBE, Artistic Director of English National Ballet
- Sir Alistair Spalding CBE, Artistic Director and Chief Executive of Sadler’s Wells
- Joseph Toonga, Emerging Choreographer for the Royal Ballet and Artistic Director of Just Us Dance Theatre