Frequently Asked Questions
What should I wear and bring with me to participate in a class or workshop?
- Please wear comfortable clothing that you can move easily in, with bare feet or soft ballet shoes only.
- Please do not wear soft blocks or pointe shoes.
- We recommend you bring a bottle of water to the class.
Where should I go to begin my class or workshop?
All participants will receive an email ahead of the workshop to include where to meet at the venue and a schedule of the event.
Can parents/guardians watch during youth ballet workshops?
We’re sorry but parents/guardians are unable to watch from the auditorium stalls for youth ballet workshops.
Do family dance workshops include adult participation?
Yes! Please remember to wear comfortable clothing that you can move easily in. We recommend you also bring some bottled water.
What materials should I bring with me to a Live Drawing Workshop?
This suggested list is optional, and is not exhaustive, feel free to bring along any media you enjoy using.
- An A4/A3 hardback sketchbook, (a concertina sketchbook, available from Cass Art would be great) and/or an A2 hardback sketchbook for larger compositions of multiple figures
- A range of soft drawing pencils 3B, 4B, 5B etc.
- Willow charcoal/graphite sticks
- Fixative (to protect the sketches)
- A medium and/or broad market pen for gestural mark-making
- Hand wipes/Baby wipes to clean hands after/during drawing when using charcoal
Please note that wet materials are not permitted in the auditorium.
Can I photograph or film the class, workshop or event?
Please note that there is strictly no photography or filming allowed in classes, events or workshops as detailed in our terms and conditions of sale.