For eleven years, English National Ballet has recognised the excellence and dedication of its artists through the Emerging Dancer competition, where six artists are selected by their peers to perform in front of a panel of judges and a live audience, before one of them receives the Emerging Dancer prize.
This season’s opening event is a special stream for our fans across the globe starring winners of the competition and its People’s Choice Award.
Enjoy an exciting programme of classical ballet and new creations from home, and relish in watching these talented dancers light up the stage. Their technical prowess and thoughtful artistry promise to shine through the screen and move ballet lovers the world over.
Recorded from the Holloway Production Studio at our east London home, the Mulryan Centre for Dance, the stream will be available to watch on YouTube and Ballet on Demand from Thursday 9 September at 7pm BST, for 30 days. You can download a freesheet here for more information about the performers, programme and repertoire.
Main image: Alison McWhinney & Junor Souza performing No Man’s Land during English National Ballet’s Emerging Dancer 2015. Photo: Amber Hunt
- Ivana Bueno (Emerging Dancer, 2020) and Victor Prigent (People’s Choice, 2020) – extract from La Sylphide by August Bournonville
- Rina Kanehara (Emerging Dancer 2017), Georgia Bould (People’s Choice 2017) and Alice Bellini (People’s Choice 2018) – Lilith’s Voice by Nikita Goile
- Alison McWhinney and Junor Souza (joint winners, Emerging Dancer 2014) – pas de deux from No Man’s Land by Liam Scarlett
- Aitor Arrieta (Emerging Dancer 2017) and Julia Conway (Emerging Dancer 2019) – Grand Pas Classique by Victor Gzovsky
- Rhys Antoni Yeomans (People’s Choice, 2019) – Self Tape by Mlindi Kulashe
- Shiori Kase (Emerging Dancer 2011) and Daniel McCormick (Emerging Dancer 2018) – pas de deux from Flames of Paris by Vasily Vainonen