English National Ballet is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
Last updated: 14 September 2020
English National Ballet is committed to respecting and protecting your personal information and aims to be transparent about what information we hold about you, whichever way you are connected with us.
The purpose of this Policy is to explain how English National Ballet collects, uses and protects any information that you provide when using this website or interacting with a member of our team.
Developing a better understanding of all of you who engage with us – from class attendees and website users to our members and Patrons – by collecting and using personal data allows us to work more effectively and efficiently with you. This ultimately helps us provide a better, more tailored service that we hope encourages you to get closer to our work and enjoy everything English National Ballet has to offer.
- Who we are;
- What information we may collect about you and when;
- How we might use your information;
- How we protect your information; and
- Your choices regarding the information you provide.
2. Who are we?
English National Ballet is registered as a Data Controller under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. Further details can be found on the ICO website.
English National Ballet has a trading subsidiary, English National Ballet Enterprises Limited (company number 2361077). English National Ballet and its subsidiaries are independent and separate from English National Ballet School which is a separate legal entity and charity (number 2319478, company number 2319478).
4. When do we collect information?
We collect personal information when you:
- create an account at ballet.org.uk
- subscribe for email marketing at ballet.org.uk
- purchase events, workshops or other products whether over the phone, online or in person
- participate or your child participates in one of our events
- become a Friend, Ballet Buddy, Benefactor or Patron
- make a donation over the phone, in person, via SMS, PayPal or online on our website
- respond to a survey or fill out a form
- speak to or email a member of our team
- contact us by post
- register for a workshop or project for your institution
- respond to online or email marketing
- apply for a job or volunteering vacancy
- entering a competition over the phone, online or in person
- voting by SMS, telephone call, online or in-person
- visit our website – for more information please read our cookies policy
Third party services may also collect information on our behalf, such as when you are booking a ticket for a production at a venue.
5. What information do we collect?
Depending on the reason for interacting with us, we may collect and hold the following information from you:
When making a purchase:
- Your name and prefix
- Contact information including telephone number, email and postal address
- Bank card and/or account details (if you’re paying for a class, event or membership)
- Transaction and order details
- Your contact preferences
- Gift Aid choices
- Other information relevant to customer surveys, competitions, public votes and/or offers;
When booking a class or workshop we may also collect:
- Your age or age range*
- Health and medical details
- Emergency contact details including name and phone number
- Details of your education institution if booking on behalf of a school, college or university
When corresponding with English National Ballet we may store:
- Details of any enquiries you make
- Details of any customer service issues and their resolution
- Preferences to be contacted about certain classes and events
When responding to a survey, competition, public vote or a promotion, we may collect:
- Your response data to questions in surveys
- Your vote, choice or preference in response to competitions and public voting initiatives
When visiting our website we may also collect the following information:
- Your IP address
- Details of your behaviour and actions on our website
- Anonymised details of the technology you use to browse our website
We may also collect the following information from third parties:
- Depending on your privacy settings, you may provide permission to collect data from social media and online services such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Spotify, TikTok, Snapchat and Google.
- We may combine information you have provided with data provided by our venues, only if you have provided permission to the third party venue.
- When conducting fundraising research, use publicly available data about you for example, from LinkedIn, Companies House, Charity Commission and legitimate media sources.
* If you are under 16 or making a purchase on behalf of someone under 16, please ensure that you obtain the parent/guardian’s consent before and whenever you provide personal information.
6. How do we use this information?
The information you provide may be used in the following ways:
In the fulfilment of a transaction or contract, we will use your data to:
- Fulfil ticket sales, pay-per view events, on-demand video rentals, on-demand video subscriptions, workshop bookings, membership purchases, merchandise sales and any other transactions
- Process card payments (we do not store your card details following the completion of your transaction)
- Process direct debit instructions
- Contact you for the fulfilment or completion of a purchase, promotion, class, membership or donation
- Contact you as a benefit of a membership purchase
- Tailor a class or workshop to your specific needs
- Invite you to participate in surveys or research
When we have your specific consent, we will use your data to:
- Send you email updates about English National Ballet
- Contact you by phone or post about English National Ballet
- Email in response to a specific request e.g. to be kept updated on waiting lists for classes
- Process Gift Aid claims
When we believe we have a legitimate organisational interest or legal obligation, we will process your data whilst making sure there is no overriding prejudice that will negatively affect you. In these cases, we will use your personal data to:
- Better understand the history of your relationship with us (e.g. what performances and events you have attended) and your personal preferences
- Group or segment our database based on behaviour including interests, location, response to advertising, website actions, booking pattern and donation history.
- Send online communications such as email or SMS based on your interactions, interests and preferences, and always with a clear opt-out for any future messages.
- Conduct limited research before contacting individuals or organisations to understand if there is a potential connection or shared interest.
- Research about our current supporters so we can provide the best experience possible, tailor our communications and suggest relevant opportunities to get closer to our work.
- In combination with publicly available data about you (for example, from LinkedIn, Companies House, Charity Commission and legitimate media sources) to create a profile of your interests and preferences
- Target our marketing and advertising so that they are relevant to your interests e.g. targeting advertising on Facebook, YouTube or Google.
- Analyse how audiences respond to marketing activity.
- Detect risk of fraud and ensure organisational security and ethical standards.
- Develop anonymised data (i.e. no individuals’ names or details are included) for analysis and reporting to stakeholders such as Arts Council England
7. Your Data and Third Party Organisations
English National Ballet will not sell, rent, trade or distribute your personal information to third parties unless we have your prior permission or are required by law to do so.
We may share your details with:
- Trusted service providers who are authorised to act on our behalf in performance of a contract. For example mailing houses, marketing agencies, database service providers, email delivery services or payment processors. They will not use your data for anything other than the clearly defined purpose relating to the service that they are providing.
- Touring venues when booking tickets or event places through English National Ballet.
- Competition organisers in administration of a prize.
- Competition organisers should you opt in to be contacted by them.
- Third party advertisers such as Facebook and Google to serve relevant adverts on their websites. The data shared with these platforms is hashed or pseudonymised to protect your personal data.
8. How do we protect your information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and who are required to keep the information secure and confidential. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
We only keep your personal information for as long as is required to operate the service you have signed up for, and in accordance with legal requirements and tax and accounting rules. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of, deleted or cached in a secure manner.
9. Your Choices
It is your choice whether you want to receive information about our performances, how we raise funds and the ways you can get involved, and you can decide how you want us to contact you.
You may request details of the personal information we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation. If you would like a copy of the information held please write to:
English National Ballet
41 Hopewell Square, London, E14 0SY
The accuracy of your personal information is important to us and you can help keep our records up to date by telling us when your contact details and other personal information changes, and if you change your mind about how we contact you. If you would like to update the details we hold or change your contact preferences please email email@example.com.
If you have a registered account, you can also amend your contact preferences online for membership, donations and live events and a href=”https://watch.ballet.org.uk/login”>for ENB at Home here.
You can opt out of email marketing at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of every email or you can unsubscribe here. Please note that we may retain your data on a suppression list to ensure that we do not continue to contact you.
You can also review your cookie and advertising settings on the following platforms: