Introducing our new home from 2018.
Our transformational move to London City Island will bring English National Ballet and English National Ballet School together under one roof, combining modern training facilities, teaching and rehearsal studios, alongside a unique Production Studio unrivalled in the UK.
This state-of-the-art facility will enable new opportunities for collaboration and nurturing of dance talent. It will have dedicated digital facilities enabling wider audience engagement to enhance our traditional touring outside London.
Located at London City Island, a new neighbourhood developed by Eco World Ballymore, we will bring ballet and dance to the heart of East London and the local community and provide a resource for the wider performance sector.
English National Ballet’s move to east London will transform the future of ballet, both in the capital and nationwide. It will mean they can put on more inspiring performances, can develop the stars of tomorrow and reach more people through their education programmes than ever before. It will also breathe new life into City Island – highlighting the importance of embedding cultural projects into the heart of a major new development. I have no doubt that the ENB’s relocation to City Island will further cement the city’s status as a global hub for dance and the performing arts.Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan
The development is a short distance from Canning Town and adjoins Trinity Buoy Wharf, which is home to an emerging creative arts cluster. It is based in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets, on the border of the London Borough of Newham.
The building is designed by leading architects Glenn Howells Architects. At over 93,000 square feet it will be more than three times the size of ENB and ENB School’s current homes and feature:
- A Production Studio for the development and rehearsal of productions and creation of new commissions.
- Seven large studios for rehearsals and teaching
- A dedicated Music Room for English National Ballet Philharmonic
- Space for English National Ballet Philharmonic to rehearse on site
- A health suite including a gym, pilates studio, hydrotherapy pool and rehabilitation facilities
- Digital Infrastructure that allows for the capture and sharing of work
- Dedicated Engagement spaces
- Open spaces and architectural features that will create a transparent, open, welcoming environment, sharing the creative process with the public, inside and outside the building.
To find out more about this exciting development, and opportunities to support, please contact email@example.com.