Taking inspiration from the ground-breaking spirit of Florence Nightingale and the women who supported the war effort in Crimea, the classic ballet story will be updated with a dramatic new narrative, introducing a heroine in command of her own destiny.
Secondary schools across Greater Manchester have the unique opportunity to attend a dress rehearsal at Manchester Palace Theatre, and take part in an inspiring dance workshop. Exploring production concepts, themes and aesthetics, students will build knowledge and understanding of dance by learning repertoire and participating in practical creative tasks.
Teachers will be supported with an enriching Continuing Professional Development (CPD) workshop, supporting all curriculum teachers to gain the tools, understanding and confidence to deliver creative dance lessons, as well as developing a deeper knowledge of the production.
Supplementing this, an interactive resource pack features:
- Online filmed repertoire phrases to watch and learn (featuring Company dancers)
- Creative tasks to generate choreographic responses
- Cross-curricular activities
- Suggested music options
- Half day dance workshop for up to 20 students in KS3/KS4;
- Exclusive opportunity to attend the dress rehearsal of Raymonda at Manchester Palace Theatre for all participants and accompanying teachers
- Free interactive resource pack;
- CPD workshop for participating school teachers;
- Activity contributes towards Arts Award and Artsmark status.
All members of staff who delivered the workshop made the whole experience for the students so exciting! Thank you also for your excellent resource pack – this will definitely play a key part in the planning and re-structuring of the new GCSE specification.Teacher, Ballet Explored 2019
Booking for Raymonda Explored opens soon! To register your interest please get in touch via email.