All secondary schools in east London have the unique opportunity to attend a dress rehearsal at Sadler’s Wells Theatre, and take part in an inspiring dance workshop. Exploring production concepts, themes and aesthetics, students will build knowledge and understanding of dance by learning repertoire and participating in practical creative tasks.
Teachers will be supported with a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) workshop at our new studios on London City Island. This enriching workshop intends to support all curriculum teachers to gain the tools, understanding and confidence to deliver creative dance lessons, as well as developing a deeper knowledge of the production.
Supplementing this, an interactive resource pack features:
- Online filmed repertoire phrases to watch and learn (featuring Company dancers)
- Creative tasks to generate choreographic responses
- Cross-curricular activities
- Suggested music options
- Half day dance workshop for up to 20 students in KS3/KS4;
- Exclusive opportunity to attend the dress rehearsal of Creature at Sadler’s Wells Theatre for all participants and accompanying teachers
- Free interactive resource pack;
- CPD workshop for participating school teachers;
- Activity contributes towards Arts Award and Artsmark status.
£150 per school
*Schools in Tower Hamlets & Newham are eligible for a subsidised offer. Please enquire for further details.