Purpose of the role
This is a fantastic opportunity and an exciting time to join English National Ballet (ENB) as we have just moved to our new purpose-built home, with state-of-the-art rehabilitation and fitness facilities, to provide the physical space we need to achieve our vision to be the country’s most creative, diverse and exciting ballet company.
We are looking for a passionate and highly driven Strength and Conditioning Coach to deliver best practice Strength and Conditioning (S&C) services to ENB Dancers, and others as directed by the Medical Director. As an experienced S&C Coach you will be pivotal in the development of high-quality S&C services and supporting Dancers’ professional & physical development and sustainability.
The successful candidate will have experience of planning and delivering S&C programmes for dancers or elite athletes with research driven knowledge to improve S&C practice and delivery. It is essential for you to have professional indemnity insurance, be first aid trained and hold an industry recognised professional accreditation e.g. UKSCA.
Experience and Knowledge
- Sustained S&C experience within a similar organisation
- Experience of planning and delivering S&C programmes for dancers/ elite athletes
- Experience of delivering rehabilitation programmes
- Experience of data collection and analysis
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary team
- Research driven knowledge to improve S&C practise and delivery
Skills and Abilities
- Clear, confident and conciliatory communicator
- Motivational and excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Solution focussed aptitude and approach
- Effective in using data management systems and the general suite of Microsoft Office Programmes (Outlook, Word and Excel)
Qualifications and Accreditations
- Sports Science or Strength & Conditioning Degree (or similar)
- Professional accreditation with UK Strength and Conditioning Association (UKSCA)
- First Aid Trained
- Post graduate qualification e.g. S&C / Biomechanics / data analytics (desirable)
Full time, Fixed term (2 years)
Circa £30,000 per annum, dependant on experience.
Hours of working
Such hours are necessary to carry out duties, 10am to 6.30pm over Monday-Friday and 10am to 2pm on Saturday. Evening and weekend work will occasionally be required. Holiday to be taken in company holidays.
Normal place of work
English National Ballet, 41 Hopewell Square, London E14 0QL
Deadline for applications
9am on 27 August 2019
This will be a 2-part interview process. The process will consist of an interview followed immediately by a practical station. Interviews are likely to take place in week commencing 26 August 2019.
How to apply
Download the full job description, then please send your CV and covering letter providing evidence of your ability and experience, and the names of your two most recent referees to email@example.com