Key to this role is the ability to understand and translate client group requirements into effective HR practice, delivering people and project solutions to assist decision makers to drive performance.
The successful candidate will have strong relationship management skills and good influencing skills with the ability to gain credibility quickly and a personal drive to get the results required to support the wider organisation. You will have proven work experience as an HR Business Partner with full understanding of all HR functions and best practices. You should have experience in the Arts/Creative sector and preferably a background in the dance world. You must have high levels of emotional intelligence and resilience and be effective in balancing work and life demands recognising the need for flexibility.
Experience and Knowledge
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal), professional with the ability to deal with situations calmly, confidentially and with
- Well organised with excellent attention to
- Approachable with an ability to build and maintain successful working relationships at all levels and across a diverse workforce.
- A proactive approach to work and an ability to solve problems
- Highly proficient in Microsoft office packages, particularly Outlook and Word.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong relationship management skills, able to build effective relationships with clients.
- Sound judgement and reasoning skills.
- Exemplary communication (written and verbal) and active listening skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritising own workload, whilst dealing with conflicting deadlines, with an efficient, focussed and calm approach.
- Good influencing skills with the ability to gain credibility quickly and a personal drive to get the results required to support the wider organisation.
- Ability to make the best decisions on a timely basis.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft office, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent impact and coaching skills.
- Good IT skills; familiarity with HR systems & MS Excel.
- Active skills in continual process improvement.
- Analytical and goal oriented.
- High levels of emotional intelligence and resilience.
- Discreet and confidential.
- Self-motivated and uses initiative.
- Gravitas and confidence to gain respect and credibility quickly and at all levels across the Company.
- Acute self-awareness and of others in a progressive and demanding arts and dance environment.
- Performance driven with a professional and ethical approach in all aspects of your work as an ambassador for the Company.
- Effective in balancing work and life demands recognising the need for flexibility.
Permanent, Full Time
Circa £45,000 per annum.
Hours of working
Such hours are necessary to carry out duties, 10am to 6pm over weekdays. Evening and weekend work will occasionally be required for which no additional pay will be available.
Normal place of work
English National Ballet, 41 Hopewell Square, London E14 0SY. Flexibility for working from home part of the week is available. Additional working may be required away from the office occasionally. [Due to COVID-19, this has been temporarily adjusted and we are currently working from home until further notice.]
Deadline for applications: 5pm on Monday 14 September 2020.
Selection Process: Interviews are likely to take place in week commencing 21 September 2020.
How to apply
Download the full job description on our website, then please send your CV and covering letter providing evidence of your ability and experience, and the names of your two most recent referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.