English National Ballet seeks to appoint an experienced Filmmaker/Editor to communicate the vibrant life of the Company. Working within our Marketing team at our new home at London City Island, you will create compelling short and medium-form video content including trailers, interviews, vox pops, corporate activations and rehearsal insights.
You will be a talented shooter, editor and creative storyteller who can contribute creative ideas whilst taking hands-on responsibility for the filmmaking process from conception through to post-production.
The successful candidate will be a creative, experienced and highly motivated filmmaker with an understanding of the latest trends and technology, and a strong track record of producing standout video content.
Experience and Knowledge
- Extensive experience as a filmmaker and editor with a thorough understanding of DSLRs and other HD / broadcast cameras, lighting and sound equipment.
- Practical experience of editing packages such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Media Encoder, Photoshop, After Effects and other related grading, colour correction, motion graphics and audio packages.
- Demonstrable experience creating video for arts and culture audiences.
- A portfolio that demonstrates a wide variety of creative and engaging video storytelling techniques and an understanding of the latest trends and technology.
- Experience of production management of multi-camera capture.
- Experience of digital media formats and broadcast technology, including video and DVD formats, codecs, compression techniques and format requirements/constraints.
- An understanding of evolving social media platforms and best practice for editing effective media content to suit the needs of different platforms (Instagram, Instagram Stories, Facebook, Facebook Live, YouTube, etc).
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and digital asset management systems.
- Experience of licensing and copyright pertaining to the arts and the development of content for online use.
Skills and Abilities
- Organised self-starter but able to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven ability in building and maintaining relationships and working well with stakeholders at all levels.
- Responsive and quick thinking in rapid paced environments with the ability to turnaround quality material quickly.
- Experience filming for the performing arts, including ballet and dance.
- Understanding of health and safety considerations and risk assessments.
Contract Type: Permanent, Part Time (3 days per week)
Salary: £21,000 per annum (Full Time Equivalent of £35,000 per annum).
Hours of working
Such hours are necessary to carry out duties, 10am to 6pm over Monday-Friday. Evening and weekend work will occasionally be required for which no additional pay will be available.
Normal place of work
English National Ballet, 41 Hopewell Square, London E14 0SY, though additional working will be required away from the office by attending events and venues in London and around the country.
Deadline for applications: 10am on Friday 10 January 2020.
Selection Process: Interviews are likely to take place in week commencing 20 January 2020.
Covering letter should include:
- A link to your Portfolio – should include examples of previous shooting and editing work
- Summary of your interest in the company
- How you meet the person specification
- Evidence of your ability and experience