English National Ballet seeks to appoint an experienced Filmmaker/Editor to communicate the vibrant life of the Company.
Working within our Marketing team at London City Island, you will create compelling short and medium-form video content including trailers, interviews, vox pops, corporate activations and rehearsal insights.
You will be a talented shooter, editor and creative storyteller who can contribute innovative ideas whilst taking hands-on responsibility for the filmmaking process from conception through to post-production.
The successful candidate will be a creative, experienced and highly motivated filmmaker with an understanding of the latest trends and technology, and a strong track record of producing standout video content.
Experience and Knowledge
- Extensive experience as a filmmaker and editor with a thorough understanding of DSLRs and HD/broadcast cameras, lighting and sound equipment.
- Experience of digital media formats and broadcast technology, including video and DVD formats, codecs, compression techniques and format requirements/constraints.
- Proven knowledge and experience of the latest production techniques with demonstrable knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro, Media Encoder, Photoshop, After Effects (or similar tools) and other related grading, colour correction, graphic design, motion graphics and audio packages. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and digital asset management systems.
- Demonstrable experience working in content creation for arts and culture audiences, with strong knowledge of the best methods of capturing ballet or dance.
- Experience producing content at scale, in a variety of formats to specific briefs and delivered to strict deadlines.
- A portfolio that demonstrates a wide variety of creative and engaging video storytelling techniques and an understanding of the latest trends and technology.
- Knowledge of production management of multi-camera capture with experience of coordinating film production crews.
- A strong interest and understanding of evolving social media platforms and best practice for editing effective media content to suit the needs of different platforms.
- An elementary understanding of live broadcast and streaming processes and requirements.
- An understanding of licensing and copyright pertaining to video and audio content.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of content that engages audiences online with a demonstrable ability to develop new creative ideas and fresh approaches.
- Skills with self-shooting with experience filming your own productions.
- Clear understanding of digital and social media trends with a passion for keeping up with the latest techniques, technologies and innovation.
- Highly organised, self-motivated and able to complete multiple tasks to required timescales and the highest standards.
- Clear, confident communication (strong-verbal and written) and active listening skills; ability to communicate effectively at a senior level with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills with strong influencing and negotiating skills, focused on making well-considered business decisions.
- Responsive and quick thinking in rapid paced environments, with a focused and calm approach.
- Understanding of health and safety considerations and risk assessments.
- Professional and ethical approach in all aspects of your work as an ambassador for the Company.
- Positive enthusiasm for ENB and the performing arts generally.
- Effective in balancing work and life demands.
Permanent, Full Time
£35,000 per annum
Hours of working
Such hours as are necessary to carry out duties, 10am to 6pm over Monday-Friday. Evening and weekend work will occasionally be required for which no additional pay will be available.
Normal place of work
English National Ballet, 41 Hopewell Square, London E14 0SY, though additional working will be required away from the office by attending events and venues in London and around the country.
Deadline for applications: 9am, Monday 15 March 2021
Selection Process: We will review applications on a weekly basis and contact those we are interested in seeing before Monday 22 March 2021.
How to apply
Download the full job description, then provide a one page covering letter, CV and the names of your two most recent referees to email@example.com
Covering letter should include:
- A link to your Portfolio – should include examples of previous shooting and editing work
- Summary of your interest in the company
- How you meet the person specification
- Evidence of your ability and experience