PURPOSE OF THE POST
The Deputy Stage Manager is paramount in supporting the Stage Manager to prepare and deliver quality performances nationally and internationally. Being ‘on the book’ for all performances, to support and assist the Stage Management Team in all aspects of production to ensure, the safe, smooth, and efficient running of performances and rehearsals.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic individual who is interested in working in both classical and contemporary dance. An ambassador for the arts, and a true team player are key successes for this role.
Attributes, Experience and Skills and Knowledge
- Extensive experience of being “on the book” for large scale productions.
- Strong score reading ability is essential.
- Touring experience (national and international is desirable), preferably in dance or opera.
- Clear, confident communication (verbal and written) with active listening skills.
- Ability to remain focused and calm when under pressure.
- Ability to remain patient and pragmatic, especially during performances
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills; externally and within the Company.
- Proficient use of the general suite of Microsoft Office Programmes (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Knowledge of QLab is advantageous and desirable.
- First-Aid qualification is advantageous and desirable.
£33, 000 to £34, 000 per annum.
Hours of working
40 hours per week, (Monday – Saturday). Daily hours will vary depending on production needs.
Normal place of work
English National Ballet, Mulryan Centre for Dance, 41 Hopewell Square, London E14 0SY, other locations when on tour.
Deadline for applications: Week commencing 13 September
Selection Process: Shortlisted applications will be invited for interview week commencing 27 September 2021.
How to apply