You will have significant professional dance teaching experience including delivering dance for different groups such as adults, older people, people with Dementia, Parkinson’s and disabilities. You will be confident in your standard of ballet and contemporary technique, demonstrating a high level of competency, and be able to select appropriate dance material from the repertoire to develop and plan the class content in collaboration with a musician.
English National Ballet and DanceEast (Ipswich, Suffolk), two of the UK’s leading dance organisations, share a vision towards the power of dance to inspire and enrich the lives of people with Parkinson’s. Since 2014, classes have taken place at the home of DanceEast in Ipswich and have developed into a welcoming and friendly class, building a community that shares a passion for dance.
- Have significant professional teaching experience in a variety of contexts including community dance
- Be experienced working creatively with dance material and have experience in choreographing
- Be an effective communicator
- Hold a dance degree / have attended vocational dance training
- Be able to demonstrate movement material accurately and use imagery effectively to communicate movement ideas to the class
- Have skills in teaching different groups
- Be committed to continuing professional development training
- Have excellent musicality
- Have experience working with musicians (desirable / not essential)
Fees: Artists are contracted termly for classes and training days
Location: Ipswich, Suffolk
Deadline for applications: 10am on Monday 20 August 2018
Shortlisted applicants will need to be available to participate in a practical workshop and an interview at DanceEast (Ipswich, Suffolk) on Saturday 8 September (please leave a full day available for this).
How to apply
Download the full job description, then please send your CV and covering letter providing evidence of your ability and experience, and the names of your two most referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS and to obtain their own public liability insurance.