The role of Associate Conductor will be key in the efficiency of the Music Department, with conducting and playing for rehearsals balanced with administrational awareness and liaison with all departments, in association with the Music Director.
• High-class professional conducting technique with ballet/theatre music speciality
• Piano repetiteur skills to a very high level
• A full knowledge of ballet repertoire
• Good interpersonal skills, particularly with dancers and artistic staff in rehearsals
• Ability to be part of a team and assist in bringing focus to all musical matters within the company, taking initiative where appropriate.
• Must have the right to live and work in the UK.
• Computer skills related to music (Sibelius, Logic, QLab, Adobe Audition) and otherwise (Word, Excel)
• Chamber music skills
• Arranging skills
Up to £40,000pa dependent on experience + company benefits
Hours of work
Normal company hours during rehearsal weeks are Monday to Friday 10.15am – 6.30pm and Saturdays 10.15am to 2.30pm with suitable breaks. In performance weeks, hours are variable and weekend working will be required from time to time.
Place of work
English National Ballet, Markova House, Jay Mews, London though additional working will be required away from the office by attending events and performance venues in London and the regions. In December 2018, we will be relocating to our specially designed new building at London City Island in Canning Town.
Deadline: Sunday 15 October 2017
How to apply
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and covering letter summarising your interest and providing evidence of your ability and experience to email@example.com.