PURPOSE OF ROLE
We are looking to return our Finance team to a full complement to support increased activity as we prepare to reopen our building at London City Island to the public and return to performances on stage.
ENB’s Finance team is a high performing, hard-working and close-knit team who work collaboratively with each other and the wider organisation. The team aims for high performance, efficiency, and seeks to deliver a high level of service to users of the Finance Team. The role would suit a candidate currently studying towards an accountancy qualification.
Key areas of responsibility for this role include monthly balance sheet reconciliations; income processing and attend to the sales and debtors ledger; income reporting; assist the team with the preparation of management information; day-to-day cashflow management; support the co-ordination of the year-end reporting processes; participate in work relating to the external audit, and the review and update the finance policies.
Experience and Knowledge
- Studying towards ACCA or CIMA, or AAT qualified with experience of working within a structured finance team
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of a general ledger, double-entry, finance processes and procedures, financial and management reporting, purchase and receivables ledger processes.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and active listening skills with the ability to articulate financial information accurately and succinctly.
- Proficient accuracy and attention to detail, with high level of numeracy and comprehension of financial information.
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet agreed deadlines; able to prioritise own work load whilst dealing with conflicting deadlines, with an efficient, focussed and calm approach.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word, and finance general ledger software applications.
- Working knowledge of online banking systems.
- Experience/demonstrable understanding in using CRM databases
- Working knowledge of SUN Systems V6.3 and Q&A
- Working knowledge of VAT for charities
- Professional and ethical approach in all aspects of your work as an ambassador for the Company.
- Have a can-do attitude and flexible approach to work.
- Positive enthusiasm for ENB and the performing arts generally.
- Effective in balancing work and life demands.
Circa £28, 000 per annum, dependant on proven experience.
Hours of working
Normal office hours are 10am to 6pm over weekdays. Evening and weekend work will occasionally be required.
Normal place of work
English National Ballet, 41 Hopewell Square, London E14 0SY, online until further notice.
Deadline for applications: 9am, Monday 12 April 2021.
Selection Process: Interviews will be held via Zoom; week commencing 19 April 2021. Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are unable to contact those that are unsuccessful.
How to apply